Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Drying out

So I did get to the park and rode last night. But if my buddy, Max, would've said that we were nuts to do it and it was a bad idea and we should just turn around and go home, I would have not put up a fight. If you know what I mean.

Surprisingly the trails drained very well and were in good condition. Just handfull of soft spots, and maybe one slightly muddy section. The rest just very wet slippery mulching leaves covering everything.

It was rather chilly and uncomfortable, due to the wetness and low temps. We were out for about 1-1.5 hours, riding at a pretty slow pace, cos it was that slippery. Plus the myst and fog were so thick at times we could hardly see the trail with all the reflection from the water dropplets from our head lights. Let me tell you. It was spooky at times. And I have no idea how people race cyclocross in the winter in the freezing temps! In that hour and a half, I never warmed up and never loosened up enough to feel that feeling of your body working like a well lubed machine at operating temps. Just felt constricted and tight and cold.

Likily it looks like the rain is going away today. So it might be drier and tomorrow it should be even warm! Back in the 60s!

No comments: