Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Columbus Day rocks!

Well, I workin private sector, but for some reason my company decided to honor the day, and close the office. Score! The weather was perfect, unbelievable for October, in fact.

I tried to rally some friends to ride with, but in the end only one buddy, who works from home was able to get away to join me for a part of the ride.
I started off in Wissahickon, rode one side of the park all the way, popped on the surface streets for maybe couple of miles to connect to Belmont, where I meet up with Lou, and we did a nice loop in there, before he went home and I rode back to Wiss, to finish up the other side.

All in all, it was probably close to 30-35 miles of gorgeous ride. Too bad my legs didn't feel as fresh and strong as some other days, and I ran out of water. When I came to the water fountain where I was planning to re-fill, I ran into a family with bunch of kids using it in some ways, which convinced me not to use it for drinking water... So I just finished the ride getting progressively dehydrated.

But no worries, any ride on Monday, when everyone else is working ROCKS!

What a weather we've been having, it's completely unbelievable! We finally are getting some moderate rain. This is long over due and very needed. The water will moisten the trails and dumpen all the dust. The end of the week, with stickier trails and cooler temps should see some killer riding conditions!

No comments: